With 60 rapids over 60 kilometers the Kali Gandaki is a thrill ride every minute! Named after the goddess of destruction, Kali, this is one of Nepal’s most holy river. Kali Gandaki rises in the mystical region of Mustang it drops off to carve out the world’s deepest river gorges. You raft roaring through the turbulent rapids, dodging huge boulders and sliding down glistening chutes into churning, frothy whirlpools. This adventure is set against the backdrop of the Annapurna range and provides you with the surreal view of the snowcapped peaks and shadowy canyons of mountain rage. The raft passes through the isolated villages precariously clinging to terraces high above the river. You may even hear the melodic calls of Namaste from the children and locals
Locals and pilgrims alike worship Kali’s holy river, and at every confluence one can see the fire rings from many cremations. Pilgrims also make the journey to the Shiva temple at Rubra Beni. On the last day we meet the largest rapids, providing a thrilling climax to the journey of a lifetime! There are no warm up days on this river, you are straight into the action with bumpy, fast, and medium level rapids challenging you at every turn. Both experienced and first time rafters will enjoy the exciting rapids of the Kali Gandaki. At high water the Kali Gandaki is a Grade 4 river built to remind you that you are alive!
Day 01: Drive to the rafting starting point at Baglung / some great views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri peaks as well as the sacred Machhapachhare (Fishtail) Mountain / upon arrival unload gear / have lunch followed by a briefing on safety measures given by your rafting guide / after briefing it is straight in the grade 4 rapid followed quickly by an even bigger one / any doubts no time to think about them now it is grade 4 to 4+ all the way / on the left pass a fascinating temple and ghat at the river confluence with the Modi Khola / tonight we camp at same place which is one of nature’s gift to this world / alongside dancing waterfalls
Day 02: Today is continuous grade 3 to 4 world-class white water / passing through beautiful scenery / catch views of the amazing Annapurna’s on the way / camp at the village of Seti Beni
Day 03: The last day of our trip / after breakfast continue rafting encountering few small and one big rapid before take out point Mirmi / after lunch we make the four hour drive back to Pokhara.
- Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Drive from Pokhara to Starting Point
- Drive from Ending Point to Pokhara
- One night guest house in Pokhara
- All rafting equipment
- Well-trained and highly experienced rafting guides, cooks, and other helper staff.
- Camping & Cooking equipment (tents, mattress & kitchen gear).
- All foods during rafting
DVD and T-shirt also available
- Any type of personal expenditure such Alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone, and laundry
- Food & accommodation cost in case of any natural accident caused by weather
- Rescue & insurance such as travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects. You are advised to insure for it